Why Crooks Wants to Leave
Part 4
In this
part Crooks is talking to Lennie about how it is like to be a black male. This
makes Lennie feel bad for him and he offers Crooks a place at their Dream Home.
Crooks them proceeds to doubt that Lennie and George can do it, "I seen
too many guys with land in their head. They never get none under their
hand" page 76. Crooks doesn't seem very convinced with Lennie until Lennie
mentions that their almost done gathering it up before they leave. Crooks then
and only then decides to get in on the deal, "why I'd come to lend a
hand." page 76. I think Crooks really wants to leave the ranch, and
finally finds a place where he can go. I think a man like Crooks back then
wouldn't be able to easily find a job around that time because of how crippled
he is. I think Lennie, a guy with memory problems, can relate to Crooks and
that’s why he doesn't say no to Crooks.
Comments
Post a Comment