Part 4: Crooks Loneliness and Sadness
In part 4
Crooks was thoroughly introduced. I think Crooks is very lonely because he
said, "'They play cards in there but I can't play because I'm black. They
say I stink. Well, I tell you, all of you stink to me"' (68). From him
saying this I can tell that he just wants people to want to be around him. I
can also tell that he is sad and understandably angry that the men won't let
him play or hang around them. I can definitely infer that Crooks is protective
of himself because he yelled at Lennie, "'You got no right to come in
my room. This here's my room. Nobody got any right in here but me"'(68). I
think he feels that he needs to protect himself and his things because he fears
that people may want to personally attack him or possibly harm his things,
self, or space. From part 4 I can derive that Crooks is sad, protective, and
lonely. I feel bad for Crooks because he is being discriminated against due to
his race. He is forced to be alone and be blocked off from the other white men
because they don't want to be around him.
What do
you think about Crooks situation and reactions?
Comments
Post a Comment