Lennie and His Troubles

After reading Of Mice And Men, I see the struggles of individuals like Lennie. It is easy to see his strengths and weaknesses. As we have observed Lennie throughout the book, we have seen that he doesn’t know his own strengths and has trouble remembering things. Lennie has accidentally killed mice, “a little...puppy”, and even “Curley’s wife” (85,92). By not knowing his own physical strengths, coming in contact with others could be fatal. Lennie also has trouble remembering almost everything including what has happened to himself or others. After accidentally killing Curley’s wife, Lennie went to the spot that he “would not forget” (102). This shows how Lennie has remembered one of the most important things he was told and knew exactly where to go. I think that remembering this spot is one of the most important things he had to do. What do you think would've happened if Lennie didn’t remember where to go if/when he got into trouble?

Comments

  1. I agree. Lennie does not know his strengths. When Lennie starts to see something that brings him comfort then he pulls or squeezes to hard. Lennie doesn't know boundaries. When Lennie was pulling on Curley's wife hair he didn't know when to stop. Even though we all know that Lennie doesn't mean to, it always ends up in him getting in trouble. I think if Lennie didn't know the spot where to go he would have to suffer the concequences him self. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog Kendall! If Lennie did not remember where to go, I think he would have hid in his bunk room or hid somewhere else. I think that Lennie should have been cared for more because George knew that Lennie sometimes doesn't realize what he is doing until after. I also think that Curley's Wife should not have talked to Lennie in the first place because she knew that Lennie had some problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kendall! I totally agree with you about your post about Lennie and his troubles. If Lennie did not remember where to go if he got in trouble he would probably run away or even get lost. I agree that Lennie just doesn't know his own strength and has trouble remembering things. The only things he remembered is where he was suppose to hide and his rabbits. It is really sad how Lennie does not even know his own strength and that makes him dangerous.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment