George's protective Ways

One thing I noticed in the first half of part three is how defensive George is of Lennie. I think that shows how much George cares for Lennie. Even thought Lennie can keep George in trouble, George is very protective of his childish friend. When Slim was questioning why George would hang around Lennie, George fired back at Slim and stood up for his friend."He ain't no cuckoo, ... He's dumb as hell, but he ain't crazy"(39). I think that way George stood up for Lennie shows how defensive and protective George is toward Lennie

What Do you think?

Comments

  1. Nice job Mat-Mat, I totally agree with how you think George is protective of Lennie. Even though Lennie is childish and dumb, George takes on the responsibility of being his protective friend no-matter where it takes him, for example when it made them move from their last ranch when Lennie was in trouble.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment