Crooks Scares Lennie

       In part 4, Lennie is wandering around and went into Crooks' bunk room. Crooks asks Lennie why he was in his bunk room and Lennie says that he "' just [came] to look at [his] puppy. And I see your light,'" (68). Crooks tells Lennie tat he has no right to enter his privacy and to leave. Lennie does not but starts talking to Crooks. Crooks tells Lennie that he is not wanted in the bunkhouse because he is black. After a while Crooks asks Lennie what he will do if George leaves him. Lennie gets scared and tells himself that it will never happen. Then crooks asks him what he will do if George dies. Lennie gets very scared but tells himself that George will never leave him. I think that even though George gets annoyed with Lennie many times he will not leave Lennie. I believe this because Lennie is very dependent on George.

Comments