Why is George controlling over Lennie?
During part 2, I noticed that George became more and more controlling of Lennie. George just told Lennie most of the time that he should just keep his mouth closed and let George do the talking and if Lennie did speak he got scorned. When George and Lennie met boss, boss was curious as to why Lennie didn't talk and George said "Oh! I ain't saying he's bright. He ain't. But I say he's a G/D good worker" (24). George is very demeaning towards Lennie in this situation. Overall, I noticed throughout part 2 that George would not let Lennie be himself or let him speak up on his thoughts because George was afraid that he would lose them work or keep them from even getting any. I think that this is foreshadowing that eventually Lennie will get fed up and speak up against George and it will end up in either Lennie doing something really good or really bad. Lastly, I think everyone will start to notice the relationship between George and Lennie.
What do you think Lennie and George's relationship is like?
Hi Anagayle! I agree with your post about why George is controlling Lennie. I think that Lennie and George's relationship will not end well. What do you think if George gets fed up with Lennie?
ReplyDeleteAnagayle, I totally agree with you. For me, I think that George is just overprotective of Lennie and does not want him to do or say the wrong thing. But I do agree that he is very controlling. I wonder what would happen if Lennie decided to fight back against George.
ReplyDelete