Tension in Part 2
In part 2 of OMAM, I believe that there was tension between Curley and Lennie. When Curley meets Lennie, he does not seem to like him. "…curley's
like a lot of little guys. He hates big guys…he's mad at 'em because he ain't a
big guy." (26). Curly did not like Lennie because he was bigger than him and he thought that he would have more power. Curly also was not so nice to George. He was very rude and kept on turning the two down. "Seems like Curly ain't givin' nobody a chance" (27). I think that Lennie will do something to make Curly very mad at the two. I also think that Curly will do something bad to the two.
I agree. I think Curly will somehow attack Lennie, verbal or physical, and something will go wrong. Since the book isn't very long it makes me think that they will probably get kicked out of the ranch for what the do or did.
ReplyDeleteI was thinking the same thing. I think that Curly feels very threatened by Lennie and that he may attack him and try to show that he is the "superior" man. This may force Lennie and George to have to run away from the ranch.
ReplyDelete