Part 2 - The Ranch's Reaction


The Ranch's Reaction

Part 2

            In part two throughout the chapter you see the ranch's reaction of the two new men on the ranch. One of which is when The Boss says, "Well, I never seen one guy take so much trouble for another guy." (page 22) In this quote The Boss notices their relationship towards each other and questions "What [their] interest is." A page later Curly's, "Eyes passed over the two new men and stopped. He glanced coldly at George and then at Lennie." (page 25) Curly's reaction to George and Lennie is a little more assumption and hatred towards George and Lennie at first, rather than The Boss's welcome to their ranch. Overall there is a clear difference in the reactions of The Boss and Curly towards George and Lennie. 

Comments

  1. Whitney,
    I think you capture the ranch's reaction very well. I agree with your statement that there is a clear difference in the reactions of the boss and Curly towards George and Lennie. The boss seems more comfortable with the men, unlike Curly, he wants to "play" with Lennie and show him who's in charge. Overall I agree with what you wrote. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Than you, Liz. It was very nice to hear that someone respects and agrees with my opinion on how Curly and The Boss act towards George and Lennie.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment