Leadership

In part two there were many signs of leadership. A person who commands other people to do the right thing is a leader showng leadership. The first couple pages are when George and Lenny go to the ranch and are talking to the old swamper. He was kind of showing them around the ranch to help them. " You can have those two beds over there." This pretty much shows a leader because he was helping them get to know the ranch and telling them what the people's names are and what job they do.  It is important to be a leader during these times because during the Great Depression almost evryone was in the same situation. Another way there is leadership in this part is when George checked his bed to see if it is ok to sleep in. After that Lennie did the same thing to his bed. Which shows a leader. If a leader does something good wouldn't you want to do the same thing?  

I'm interested to see what you guys think about this!

Comments

  1. I agree with you, but I think Slim shows leadership in the book the most, because they mention how Slim has his own group and he generally manages everyone in their bunk house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kendall, I agree with your statement about the old swamper and how he was showing them where to stay and where their bunk was. However, I disagree with how you said George was a leader when he was speaking for Lennie because I don't know about you but imagine having someone speak for you all the time, it would get kind of annoying. I can see where you where coming from. I just think that George shouldn't be speaking for Lennie.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment